Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $25.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 5, Maximum:Max. 5
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 5, Maximum:Max. 5
Artists are invited to apply for The Runway Show @ Uncommon Threads 2022. This incredible art-to-wear show is part of a one-day fiber and jewelry extravaganza showcasing the talents of artists from across the country. This is your opportunity to have a collection of 3-5 garments on our runway stage and have additional items for sale throughout the day as part of our vendors' booth area.
If your work does not meet the criteria to apply to The Runway Show @ Uncommon Threads 2022, i.e., you are a jewelry artist, or you want to take part as a vendor and not have work on the runway, you can apply for an Independent Artist Booth space or to the Fine Line Managed Booth here: Uncommon Threads 2022.
Date: October 16, 2022 (10 am – 4 pm)
Location: Abbington Distinctive Banquets, 3S002 IL Rte. 53, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137. This indoor event includes a boutique area shopping experience, luncheon and a runway show.
Kavanagh Award, Best of Show, $250
Best New Uncommon Threads Artist, $200
People's Choice Award, $100
Calendar for All Artists
Mon, June 6 Online application deadline for all entries
Mid-June Notification of accepted artists
Wed, August 31 Independent Artist Booth payment and options order form due
Wed, September 28 All Runway garments due
Wed, October 5 All Fine Line Managed Booth items due on or before
Thurs, October 20 Pick-up of hand-delivered items by 5 pm
Participation is open to all one-of-a-kind wearable art garments in any fiber-related media. Work represented must be an original concept and executed by the artist. All items must be for sale. Jurors will select work based on originality and runway suitability. When designing garments, please think about how they will look on the runway from a distance of at least 20 feet.
The following criteria apply:
- Artists may exhibit 3 to 5 women's and/or men's garments/ensembles on the runway.
- Children's garments will not be accepted.
- This is a garment-only runway show; please do not apply with items such as jewelry, hats, gloves, etc., unless these items are part of an ensemble, i.e., a Jacket with a matching hat.
- Only garments in the media selected by the jurors will be accepted for the runway, e.g., do not submit handwoven if your application images were of knitwear.
- All artists must submit five (5) images.
- Images 1-4 should be of four different garments.
- Image 5 should be one detail or a close shot of image #4.
- Images need not be of garments to be shown but must represent the fiber media/style you intend to submit.
- Images must be of work completed in the last two years.
- Artists must provide a brief artist statement that provides insight into their process and inspiration.
- A $25 non-refundable jury fee applies to each application.
- All work must be for sale. Fine Line retains a 35% commission on all pieces sold. Please consider this commission when pricing your work.
- ALL sales are handled by Fine Line.
The Artists Committee reserves the right to make a final selection of the garments to be included on the runway.
All accepted artists will have the opportunity to submit up to 10 additional garments and up to 30 accessory items to be sold on your behalf in the Fine Line Managed Booth. All accessory items for sale in the Fine Line Managed Booth must be priced below $250.
As an accepted artist you are eligible (for an additional fee of $40) to have an Independent Artist Booth space at the event. See the form question later on in this application.
Receiving & removing runway garments & accessories: Items may be hand-delivered to Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles, IL, or shipped at the artist's expense. The artist is responsible for return shipping charges. Shipping instructions will be provided upon acceptance. Work sent for the runway, the Fine Line Managed Booth and the extra garment area will be insured while in the possession of Fine Line. Artists are responsible for insuring their work while in transit.
Open to wearable fiber artists 18 years or older who reside and work in the United States.