Contact Email: RPAC@revere.org
Number of Applications Allowed: 3
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $5.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 6
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 6
The Revere Public Arts Commission seeks one or more artists or artist team(s) to develop a mural for the Butler Circle MBTA Wall. The wall faces a busy rotary entering Revere Beach, which attracts over 900,000 people each year to its coastline, making it a prime location for a mural.
Successful art will have an immediate visual impact from a distance, will be welcoming, positive, intriguing, and engaging to individuals of all ages including families with children. The commission is open to all types of art including representational work which celebrates the unique history and culture of the city of Revere as well as bold, abstract and modern art.
The mural wall dimensions are 40’ wide and 35’ high.
Revere is a city with rich history located approximately 5 miles (8.0 km) from downtown Boston. Founded as North Chelsea in 1846, it was renamed in 1871 after theAmerican Revolutionary War Patriot Paul Revere. In 1914, the Town of Revere was incorporated as a city and has a population of app. 62,186 residents. Revere beach is the first public beach in the country.
Please review site plan to understand the work surface, how it relates to surrounding elements and the installation requirements to complete this project.
$20,000 has been approved for artwork. The selected artist(s) or team(s) will be awarded a comprehensive contract (or contracts). The artist will be responsible for artwork design, fabrication, materials, installation, insurance, travel, and all related incidental expenses.
Artists will be evaluated on artistic excellence as evidenced by conceptual sketch, professional experience; compatibility with the architectural design, budget and timeline.
Are you asking for a final full color detailed design to be submitted?
The submission requirement is a color sketch. It is not necessary to submit a detailed fully rendered design to be considered.
- 1 Color sketch of proposed design
- Experience with exterior mural painting is required
- Professional resume including 3 references
- A minimum of three (3) images of previous work samples are required and the maximum is 6. Work samples must be finished works and not conceptual sketches. If not evidenced in work samples, please provide additional information to assure the Selection Panel of ability to realize a public art project and that it will be completed and installed as designed
- The City of Revere uses the CaFÉ online service for its public art selection process. There is a $5 charge for artists to submit to this call
This opportunity is open to professional artists nationally with prior experience in exterior mural painting.