Images | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 8
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 2
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 10
Three-dimensional (3D) object of art situated at FIS’ new corporate headquarters tower and adjacent to Alfred duPont Place with a focus on specified mediums: digital art projected onto stone substrate.
Artist Services (the following activities will be required):
- Proposal Development
- Maquette Development (where applicable, pre-existing sculpture omitted)
- Final Design Presentation (where applicable, pre-existing sculpture omitted)
- Coordination with FIS/CCGJ and Permitting with the City of Jacksonville
- Fabrication and Installation
- Lighting Consultation as Needed
- Photographic Documentation
Site Location Description:
Outdoor Sculpture Focal Point B Art will be located adjacent to corner area of FIS’ new corporate headquarters tower and facing the primary view corridor of Riverside Avenue. Photographs available upon request, site under construction.
Anticipated Project Schedule:
- Artist Selection Panel Review & Voting on Top Three Selections by Panel: March 21-24, 2022
- Commissioned Artist Notification: March 25, 2022
- Contract Execution: March 28, 2022
- Artist Visits for Community Engagement/Site Visits NOT MANDATORY, provided as needed and will be offered virtually: March 29-31, 2022
- Concept Design: INCLUDED IN APPLICATION DUE TO PROJECT TIME-FRAME
- Final Design: April 8, 2022
- Site Prep & Install: June 27-30, 2022
- Dedication Ceremony: TBD
Public Art Budget: $127,500
The budget includes all costs to the artist: i.e., artwork proposals, artwork, mounting materials, artwork shipping/delivery, insurance, travel, and any applicable sales tax. Client will provide site preparation and assist with installation as part of construction process.
- Artist Statement: Upload an artist statement with the following (copy and paste is acceptable.)
- If needed, I am/We are available to visit the site in person for community engagement requirements during the months of March-April 2022 and complete the design as per the project schedule.
- I am/We are over 21 years old, not a student in a formal degree program and have been creating and installing public art for more than three years.
- I /We have or will acquire the required coverages for additional insured certificates for general commercial liability for the contract period.
- Resume: A current and professional resume, emphasizing public art experience and public commissions (if any). On key public art projects, please note engaged government agencies.
- Images: The artist(s) will upload a minimum of 2 completed projects in 8 images and up to 2 videos. The videos are limited to 120 seconds each.
- File names: Statement, resume and images should start with Last Name-First Name, statement, Last Name-First Name-resume, Last Name-First Name-image1, Last Name First Name-image2, etc.
- COLORIZED SKETCH OR COMPUTER RENDERING OF SUBMITTED CONCEPT DESIGN SHOWN FROM THE FRONT, BACK AND SIDE – OR – HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGES OF PREEXISTING WORKS DEPICTING SAME. DIMENSIONS MUST BE INCLUDED.
- NARRATIVE DESCRIBING ARTWORK SYMBOLISM, INTENTION, AND TECHNICAL DETAIL
- Artworks submitted must be a sculpture appropriate for permanent exterior exhibit and pass hurricane rating, once adhered into ground.
The project is open to artists over 21-year-old, who are not students in a formal degree program and who have been practicing artists for more than three years. Artist is defined broadly to include the traditional arts and the design arts. Open to international, national, and regional artists.