Images | Minimum:Min. 10, Maximum:Max. 10
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 10, Maximum:Max. 10
Jury Dates: 2/13/24 - 3/8/24
The City of Loveland Art in Public Places (AIPP) and the Thompson Valley Art League (TVAL) seek a mural artist to create a large, 3-sided outdoor mural which captures the essence of artistic expression, inviting viewers to explore the rich tapestry of creativity.
The mural will encompass two sides and a 3-foot wrap onto the back of the Lincoln Gallery building located in downtown Loveland. The gallery’s north wall is adjacent to the municipal parking lot (central to the Loveland Creative District) and the Loveland Museum. There is a desire for this mural to be completed by August of 2024. (Please see site plan for a general overview of the Lincoln Gallery. Dimensions will be provided to the project finalists.)
A maximum all-inclusive budget of $25,000 has been allocated for this project.
This call is a Request for Qualifications and requires samples of past work completed by the applicant. Applications must be submitted by the artist(s) applying for this RFQ. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the artwork jury. Please note that artists should not submit a design proposal with their application as doing so will eliminate the application from consideration.
For the project outlined above, the Artist must have:
- experience with successfully executing large-scale mural works.
- thorough knowledge of the appropriate art media to execute this project.
- the ability to work with a diverse group of people effectively and diplomatically.
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle difficult situations with patience, good judgment, discipline, and diplomacy.
ARTWORK JURY PROCESS
Loveland AIPP staff will oversee the application process; and the Thompson Valley Art League will administer the decisions of the jury panel.
The Artwork Jury panel will be four members of the Loveland Visual Arts Commission, 3 TVAL members and their Executive Director, and 2 community volunteers. Based on the applications received, this artwork jury panel may select up to 3 finalists to present mural design concepts for the project before awarding the final contract.
If selected as a finalist, the jury will select the design that meets the following preferences:
- is a dynamic and vibrant blending of color to create a sense of fluidity and movement.
- celebrates the beauty of Loveland, Colorado.
- incorporates the culture of art in this unique Northern-Colorado community.
- is an appropriate scale to the gallery space and complements the existing architecture.
- is suitable for public viewing.
- has an immediate visual impact.
- Finalists will be paid an honorarium to present their design to the artwork jury.
- Finalists must return their presentation agreement to the City of Loveland Public Art Manager by the specified deadline in order to proceed in this competition.
- Finalists must provide their presentation materials to the Public Art Manager by the deadline specified in the presentation agreement.
- Finalists will present a scaled drawing for the jury panel’s review.
- A detailed budget that includes all expenditures in connection with the execution of the project is required. The specified budget must include all design, fabrication, insurance, materials and equipment, installation/fabrication, travel and lodging, contingency, and incidental costs.
- The selected artist/artist team will work closely with Art in Public Places and TVAL staff throughout the project.
- The final awarded artist/artist team will enter into a contract with TVAL and will be required to carry general liability insurance of $1 million and execute the design as presented.
- All applicants must provide a detailed resume and all required materials to be considered for this project.
This RFQ is open to all qualified artists.