Please make check or money order payable to Clatsop Community College.
Mail to: Au Naturel International Juried Exhibition c/o Kristin Shauck, Royal Nebeker Art Gallery, Clatsop Community College, 1651 Lexington Avenue, Astoria, OR 97103
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Competitions
Entry Deadline: 11/12/19
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 20
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 20
Clatsop Community College presents our fourteenth annual international juried exhibition, Au Naturel: the Nude in the 21st Century, to be held January 23 - March 12, 2020 in the Royal Nebeker Art Gallery.
• Submission deadline EXTENDED: entries must be received by Midnight (11:59:59 pm) Mountain Time, November 12, 2019. (Please note: Online CaFÉ™ Tech support isavailable weekdays M-F 9 a.m. -5 p.m. MT)
• Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance will be e-mailed by Monday, December 2.
• Accepted work to arrive at the Royal Nebeker Art Gallery no later than Friday, January 10, 2020.
• Exhibition dates: January 23 - March 12, 2020.
• Artist Reception: TtBA with a special pre-opening gathering for the artists at 5:00 p.m.
• Pick-up date for hand-delivered work: Friday, March 13, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Shipped work will be returned ASAP with prepaid return label provided by the artist.
Eligibility: Au Naturel is an international juried competition open to all artists working in any two-dimensional drawing, painting, and printmaking media with a focus on the nude human figure as subject matter in any form ranging from representational to abstract, and in which the handmade mark is employed as the primary means of image-making. Due to the special focus of this exhibit, photography is not eligible. Entrants must be 18 years or older. Artwork created under the supervision of an instructor is not eligible. Submitted artwork must have been executed in the last five years and must be available for the duration of the exhibit. Any artwork reproduced by photomechanical processes (including giclée prints) will not be accepted. Please visit www.aunaturelart.com to view artwork of previous Au Naturel exhibitions and for further information about the exhibit.
Juror: We are pleased to announce that the juror for the 2020 exhibit is Henk Pander. Born in Haarlem, The Netherlands, he is represented in prestigious museums and collections across the globe, including the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. In addition to winning the first place award in the 2017 Au Naturel, Pander was also an award-winning participant in CCC’s ninth annual Au Naturel in 2015. He has been the recipient of many other prestigious awards as well, including: the Regional Arts and Cultural Council Visual Arts Fellowship in 2006-07; the State of Oregon Governor's Award for the Arts in 2005; the Oregon Arts Commission Master Fellowship for Painting in 1991; and two awards in national competitions in the Netherlands in 1961 -- the Silver Medal in the Prix de Rome and the Talens Prize.
• $1000 in cash prizes
• Up to $2000 in purchase awards
• One artist will be chosen to be featured in a solo show for the following exhibition season • A select number of Visiting Artist Workshop awards will also be granted
NOTE: Applications are being handled online through CaFÉ (Call for Entry)
Applications must be received on CaFÉ by Midnight (11:59:59 pm) Mountain Time, November 7th, 2019.
There is no additional fee to use the CaFÉ online application system. To enter, visit www.callforentry.org, register a username and password, navigate to Apply to Calls, and search the list for Au Naturel: The Nude in the 21st Century. For detailed instructions on using the site, click on CaFÉ Help (https://www.callforentry.org/cafehelp.phtml). If this page does not address your needs, please contact CaFÉ at email@example.com Monday through Friday, between 8:30am and 5pm Mountain Time or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-338-2472.
SIZE/WEIGHT LIMITATIONS: Maximum dimensions: 6 feet x 10 feet and must not weigh more than 50 lbs. uncrated. All accepted artwork must be framed or otherwise professionally presented with wires or hanging devices (no saw-tooth hangers).
REPRODUCTION OF IMAGES: Entering this competition indicates agreement that images may be used for publicity. Upon acceptance, all artists must submit a high resolution image of each accepted artwork of at least 300 dpi and at least 7” x 9.”
NOTIFICATION: Notification of acceptance/non-acceptance will be via e-mail. Note: please be sure to set your e-mail to accept messages from CaFÉ to prevent your notification from going into your Junk Mail or Spam folder.
FEES: There is a non-refundable $40 entry fee for the submission of one to three images, and $5.00 for each additional image beyond the third. The maximum number of images that may be submitted is 15. Payment may be made online through CaFÉ with a credit card. Alternatively, you may also pay by check:
Please make check or money order payable to Clatsop Community College
Mail to: Au Naturel International Juried Exhibition c/o Kristin Shauck, Royal Nebeker Art Gallery, Clatsop Community College, 1651 Lexington Avenue, Astoria, OR 97103.
SHIPPING: All work shipped must be sent in reusable crates or cartons. Accepted artists will be notified by e-mail with specific shipping instructions. Please be sure to follow shipping instructions carefully. The gallery will assume no responsibility for any damages incurred during shipping. NOTE: Artists are responsible for ALL shipping arrangements and shipping costs. • If the artist does not make return shipping arrangements or does not pick-up hand-delivered work within 90 days of the close of the exhibit, the artwork will become the property of the CCC Royal Nebeker Art Gallery.
• The gallery will retain a 35% percent commission on all sales.
• All artwork will be insured for the duration of the exhibit.
• Sales price is determined by the artist; however, the artist may choose to designate artwork as NFS (not for sale).
• Artwork must be available for the duration of the show (January 23 – March 12).
• The gallery reserves the right not to exhibit any artwork that differs significantly from the submitted image and/or is not properly prepared for installation (artwork framed with glass is only acceptable for hand-delivered work; if glazing is necessary for framed work that will be shipped, do not use glass— use plexiglass) or otherwise professionally presented with wires or appropriate hanging devices (no saw-tooth hangers).
• Work that does not comply with the terms of the prospectus will not be included in the exhibition and will be returned at the artist’s expense.
• Pick-up date of hand-delivered work: Friday, March 13, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Shipped work will be returned ASAP using the return shipping label provided by the artist. Artists must arrange and pay for a pre-paid return shipping label (please note: the United States Post Office does not issue pre-paid return labels or provide pick-up service, so please use another courier such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL). Be sure to include artist’s name, return address, weight of loaded crate and dimensions clearly written on each box, and please also securely attach a printed image of the artwork on the outside of the box for visual identification.
DEADLINE: entries must be submitted by Midnight (11:59:59 pm) Mountain Time, November 12, 2019.
QUESTIONS? Please refer to the CaFÉ Web site for detailed information about how to prepare digital images (https://www.callforentry.org/image_prep.phtml) or for complete instructions about how to submit an application (https://www.callforentry.org/faq.phtml). For technical support, contact CaFÉ at email@example.com Monday through Friday, between 8:30 am and 5 pm Mountain Time. For questions about eligibility and other competition requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-338-2472.
Au Naturel International Juried Exhibition c/o Kristin Shauck, Royal Nebeker Art Gallery, Clatsop Community College, 1651 Lexington Avenue, Astoria, OR 97103
Clatsop Community College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution.
International Juried Exhibition • January 23 to March 12, 2020