P.O. Box 2737
Evergreen, CO 80437
31880 Rocky Village Drive
Evergreen, CO 80439
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 2/8/21 - 10/30/21
Entry Deadline: 5/17/21
Days remaining to deadline: 6
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 3
48th Annual Rocky Mountain National Watermedia Exhibition
In Memory of Dr. David Schnarch
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Submission Deadline: May 17, 2021
Exhibition Dates: September 24 – October 30, 2021
The Rocky Mountain National Watermedia (RMNW) exhibition, in its 48th year, is presented by Center for the Arts Evergreen (CAE) in Evergreen, Colorado. RMNW attracts entrants and jurors from throughout the United States and is regarded as one of the top watermedia exhibitions in the country. This show traditionally offers a significant amount of cash awards. For 2021, we are pleased to announce that the Best in Show Award (Dr. David Schnarch Memorial Award) will be in the amount of $2,500.
CAE’s mission is to promote and cultivate artistic excellence and to enrich the art experience in our mountain community. A nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, CAE is committed to delivering engaging exhibitions and diverse educational programs for adults and children. In 2017 we moved to a new facility, which includes a modern gallery space housed in a historic old school house that became a church and is now the new home of CAE.
2021 JUROR—STEVE GRIGGS
CAE is pleased to announce that internationally acclaimed painter, Steve Griggs, will serve as the juror for the 48th Rocky Mountain National Watermedia Exhibition. He currently has signature membership with the Rocky Mountain National Watermedia Society and the Colorado Watercolor Society. He is a member of the American Watercolor Society, National Watercolor Society, American Impressionists Society, and the Michigan Watercolor Society. Steve frequently displays and sells work in local, state, regional, and national exhibitions and galleries. He has consistently won awards in national and regional exhibits since 2006, and he has collectors all over the world. His work has been featured in publications such as Southwest Art, Watercolor Artist, and The Artist magazines. Steve is a sought-after workshop and demonstration instructor with students from around the globe. His critique and teaching styles are often lauded with comments such as:
· I feel very privileged to have had the opportunity to take your workshop. I needed a mentor and inspiration. Thank you for granting me the pathway.
· You are just the most amazing—the best teacher ever. Your critiques make me think and you help me look at my art differently.
2021 JUROR WORKSHOPS
This year, we are thrilled to offer two workshops to students. Both workshops will take place in-person AND be taught synchronously on ZOOM so that students may participate from anywhere.
Steve Griggs, the 2021 juror, will offer a Master Workshop, in-person at Center for the Arts Evergreen AND on Zoom on Friday & Saturday, October 15 & 16, 2021 from 9 am-4 pm.
Linda Baker, the 2020 Juror, will offer a Master Workshop (rescheduled from 2020 due to COVID), in-person at Center for the Arts Evergreen AND on Zoom on July 19 – July 22, 2021 (Monday-Thursday).
Registration for both workshops is now open on our website at www.evergreenarts.org/classes. For questions on the workshops, you may contact CAE’s Senior Director of Exhibitions, Education & Marketing, Sara Miller, email@example.com.
CALENDAR OF IMPORTANT DATES
- May 17, 2021: Deadline for receipt of entries
- June 25, 2021: Juror selections announced and artists notified via email
- July 2, 2021: Deadline for accepted artists’ contracts and all materials (artist’s statement, bio/resume, and photograph)
- July 1 – 22, 2021: Shipped works will be accepted
- July 18, 2021 (10:00-12:00): Hand-delivered works will be accepted
- July 19-22, 2021: Rescheduled Master Workshop with 2020 Juror Linda Daly Baker
- October 15-16, 2021: Master Workshop with 2021 Juror Steve Griggs
- September 24, 2021 (4-7 pm): RMNW Opening Reception
- September 24 – October 30, 2021: Exhibition Dates
- November 2, 2021: Pick-up of unsold artwork
- November 8, 2021: Unsold artwork shipped to artist
- Open to all artists residing in the United States.
- Each artist may enter up to 3 paintings for consideration. Accepted artists will have only 1 original painting “hanging” in the exhibition. Please only submit images of finished original paintings that you would like to be considered for “hanging” display in the exhibition.
- Paintings on boards, panels, or watercolor canvas that are not framed must have finished (non-raw) edges and be gallery-quality exhibition ready.
- Paintings must be an aqueous medium on watercolor papers, watercolor canvas, watermedia boards such as Aquabord, Claybord, Gessobord, Yupo, illustration boards, or panels. Computer-generated works or Giclee prints are NOT permitted. All collage materials must be painted by the artist.
- All works must be at least 90% watermedia (watercolor, acrylic, gouache, water-based inks, other water-based media)
- Oil, pastel, and other non-aqueous media are not allowed. Any additional media, if used, must be identified (collage, glitter, newspaper, etc.)
- All entries must be one-of-a-kind.
- Artworks must have been painted in the last two years, and may not have been shown previously in any exhibition at CAE or a previous RMNW exhibition.
- Your source material must be your own design or made from your own photograph.
- If accepted, the painting shipped must be the same as the image submitted.
- Minimum image size is 8” x 10”.
- Maximum frame size is 40” x 60”.
- No glass is permitted. Plexiglas only.
- Frame must be sturdy enough to support the artwork without buckling the Plexiglas.
- Frame must be wired for hanging. No other types of hangers are allowed.
- Mats, if used, must be white or off white unless it is an integral part of the artwork.
- CAE reserves the right to reject inadequate framing or arrange with the artist to take it for repair/reinforcement at the artist’s cost
DELIVERY AND RETURN OF ACCEPTED WORK
- All shipped artwork will be charged a $25 handling fee.
- Detailed instructions will be sent with notification of acceptance.
- All artists shipping work must provide a pre‐paid return-shipping label and a sturdy box. Unsold work or sold artwork empty boxes will not be returned without a prepaid return-shipping label. CAE will not create labels or call FedEx to process call tags with a shipping account number.
- CAE is not responsible for damage or loss during transport.
- CAE provides insurance for artworks while on premises.
CAE produces a beautiful full color catalog featuring the artwork in the exhibition and indicating the award winners. Due to COVID in 2020, the catalog was a beautiful online catalog. All artists who are accepted into the exhibition will receive one complimentary print or digital catalog (TBD based on COVID travel and budget restrictions). An online catalog will also be available for download and to allow for off-site purchases of the work.
In 2020, awards totaled over $9,200 in cash and merchandise to exhibition artists. In 2021, we already have a commitment for the Best in Show Award (Dr. David Schnarch Memorial Award) at $2,500.
All paintings must be available for sale during the exhibition. Please note that CAE retains a 40% commission on all art sales. Prices may not be changed after submission. Payment for sold artwork will be issued 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
Submission to this juried exhibition constitutes an agreement on the part of the entrant to the conditions set forth in this prospectus. CAE reserves the right to final curatorial, educational, installation, and marketing decisions.
HOW TO ENTER
PREPARE YOUR IMAGES:
- File format: JPEG only
- File dimensions: no smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side
- File size: 5 MB maximum
- Orientation: ensure your image is properly oriented (vertical or horizontal)
- Show only the image, no frame or mat
- No digital enhancement to the image is allowed
- No slides or photographs will be accepted
- It is in your best interest to submit a high resolution, high quality image
- Your $40 entry fee allows you to upload 2 images. Even if you only wish to submit one image for consideration, the Cafe system requires that you submit two images. If it is the case that you only wish to submit one image, you may upload a blank image for your second or simply duplicate the same image in your portfolio and apply both to your application
CAE encourages all entrants to review the instructions and tutorials for formatting images and entering before beginning the actual entry process. The following are tools available to help format digital entries:
- Pixl Express: https://pixlr.com/express/ (free, online)
- Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements (purchase software)
- How-To Tutorial by Linda Doll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wChDaNa5Z-o
ENTERING THROUGH CAFE:
- Prepare your digital image before you apply through www.callforentry.org
- Go to https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=8601
- If entrants have not registered previously with CaFE, setting up a portfolio is free of charge
- Pay the non-refundable entry fee of $40.00 for 2 images or $50.00 for 3 images.
- Images submitted may be used for publicity and/or educational purposes
- For technical assistance with your entry, please see www.callforentry.org/cafehelp.phtml or contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly (CAE cannot provide technical assistance for CaFE)
COMMUNICATIONS & NOTIFICATIONS
Correspondence and notifications with entrants will be done via email. Please make sure that your contact information is correct. If you do not have an email address, it is advised that you create one before you enter. For further inquiries, contact Sara Miller via email at Sara@evergreenarts.org.