Images | Minimum:Min. 5, Maximum:Max. 15
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 2
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 5, Maximum:Max. 15
Riverdale Regional Park in Brighton, Colorado, is a destination for outdoor recreation and the largest park and open space in unincorporated Adams County. The County is constructing a new Park Gateway and Roundabout to enhance the destination experience and seeks services for the fabrication and installation for a complete sculpture system, designed by DHM Design, to be the main focal point for the new gateway entrance.
The Sculpture elements are part of the Roundabout Project, managed and implemented by Adams County Public Works, with other elements including civil engineering, decorative concrete and gabion baskets. Coordination from the selected Sculpture Firm is required to ensure all components are completed on time and within budget.
The Sculpture scope of work detail is found within the DHM Design package: Addendum I, dated 10/29/21, which includes the landscaping, sculpture and [removed] signage portion of the Roundabout Project. Scope included within the Sculpture Fabrication contract noted as the following:
- Fabrication and Installation of steel sculpture elements (“wheatgrass sculpture”)
- Fabrication and Installation of fiberglass sculpture elements (“fiber glass rods”)
- Final validation and confirmation of sculptural engineered foundations, installed by the general contractor, NIC, to determine adequate structural supports which include wind loads, uplift loads, and full anchoring support of the sculpture.
- Shop drawing approvals, product selection approvals, field verifications and overall collaboration with the project team will be required from the awarded sculpture firm. Assume at least five site visits.
Scope not included within the Sculpture Fabrication contract noted as the following:
- Power/Data/ Water Infrastructure
- [Removed] Signage
- Sculpture Foundations
- Gabion Walls
Approximate Project Timeframe
- December 2021 – Sculpture Fabrication Firm Awarded
- December 2021 - Construction Firm Awarded
- January - May 2022 – Infrastructure Construction
- Spring 2022* - Sculpture Installation
*Timeline for Sculpture Installation will be coordinated with the General Contractor, NIC
Project Proposal, to include:
- Similar/previous experience fabricating and installing public art;
- Approach to the fabrication/installation for this project, per stamped drawings;
- Understanding of and efficiencies brought to the overall coordination project;
- Sustainability – technologies, approach, materials;
- Details of proposed fabrication/installation subcontractors or in-house professionals;
- Full budget and timeline