Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $40.00
Media Fee(Each Additional Entry): $10.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 3, Maximum:Max. 6
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 3, Maximum:Max. 6
The 2022 Louisville Art Association National Juried Photography Show and Sale takes place in Louisville, Colorado, a beautiful historic city on Colorado’s Front Range. The 2022 show runs for 8 days from 5/27/22 – 6/5/22, and overlaps with the three-day Louisville, Colorado Memorial Day weekend events.
We are honored to have Rob Lantz (award-winning photographer and owner of R Gallery in Boulder CO) as our judge and juror for our 2022 show. Read more about Rob below.
Over $6,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded along with recognition awards including Best in Show and First Place in each category, Honorable Mention awards and the People’s Choice award.
Entry Deadline March 28, 2022
Notification of Acceptance April 8, 2022
Delivery of Shipped Art May 16-20, 2022
Show Gallery Open Dates May 27 - May 30, 2022
[Closed May 31 – June 1]
June 2 - June 5, 2022
Awards Reception May 27, 2022 7:00 pm
Show Closes June 5, 2022
2022 NPS ENTRY CATEGORIES
When submitting your entries to the CallForEntry.org (CaFÉ) website (see instructions below), please choose the category that fits each of your images the best. Note that LAA reserves the right to change the entered category, in which case you will be notified. Use the Category Name codes given below:
1) Digital Manipulation – (BW and Color) This category includes photos that are significantly modified using computer post-processing techniques. This includes composites (a combination of two or more or your original photos); HDR, the addition, duplication, deletions or moving of objects in the photo; or the use of artistic digital filters and effects. Examples of artistic filters and effects are watercolor, neon glow, stained glass and others which do not show the scene, person or animal in their natural way. Category Name - DM
The Categories below have limited post-production processing, similar to the traditional darkroom process. This includes adjustments to color, contrast, brightness and sharpness; removal of dust and scratches; burning, dodging, and cropping, etc. Major digital modifications (including composites) should be entered in the “DM” category above.
2) Night Photography This category is composed of photographs taken at night, including astrophotography, light painting and other night-time images. Image blending usual multiple exposures is allowed, but composites taken at different times (e.g., an image of a moon which is then composited with a night scene taken at another time) belong in the DM category above. Category Name - NP
3) People Images of people including individual portraits, group photos or photos where a person or persons are the main subject in the photo. Category Name - P
4) Animal & Wildlife Images of domesticated animals or animals in the wild, either individual animals or groups of animals or photos where the main subject is the animal(s). Category Name - AW
5) Nature Created This category includes landscapes, waterfalls, rivers and natural habitat flora where nature is the main subject of the photo. This includes macro images. Category Name - NC
6) Human Made Images of architecture, city/botanic gardens, street scenes, cars, trucks, bridges, etc., where human-created objects are the main subject of the photo. This includes macro images. Category name - HM
7) Still life and Abstracts Includes arranged florals or in studio setup of any subject matter. Abstracts are images shot in the camera where the subject matter is identifiable or not easily identifiable with limited post processing. Abstracts created with significant post-processing should be entered in the “DM” category. Category Name - SLA
THE JUDGE – ROB LANTZ
Rob Lantz is an accomplished nature and fine art photographer and gallery owner based in Boulder, CO. His photography journey started over 40 years ago as the youngest member of a large family. Manning the family 110 camera, he documented many of the family outdoor outings. His love for photography grew through high school as head photographer, then on to a degree in photography from the Art Institute of Dallas.
As a professional photographer, Rob uses subtle, yet significant digital enhancements and composites to create images that are not as much about capturing realism as they are about echoing the feelings nature evokes.
Today, he owns R Gallery + Wine Bar in downtown Boulder, Colorado where he oversees the curating of exhibits featuring a wide range of styles and media.
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
- ALL work must be the original work of the photographer and executed in a professional manner. Work shown in previous LAA National shows will NOT be accepted.
- Digital entries only – all images should be in .jpg format, 1200 pixels along their longest edge, in sRGB color profile. Larger images can be uploaded to CallForEntry.org (CaFÉ), but their website will automatically resize them to 1200 pixels on the longest size, which is the size that is used for jurying. File size must be less than 5 megabytes. See image prep details at https://artist.callforentry.org/image_prep.phtml
- DO NOT Watermark your images.
- The submitted art price must include all your preparation costs (e.g. framing cost, etc.). No changes will be made from the CallForEntry.org (CaFÉ) price listed on your entry.
- Framed size limit is 48 inches on the longest side.
- Work must be suitable for a general audience of all ages, no frontal nudity. The LAA reserves the right to reject any photograph that is not deemed to be appropriate.
- Entry fees are non-refundable. The fee for the first three pieces is $40 and $10 for each additional entry. Limit of 6 entries per person.
- All sales will be conducted by the LAA and a 25% commission is charged on all work sold.
This means that if a piece of juried-in art or bin art is priced at $100, the artist will receive $75 and LAA will receive $25 in commission fees. Please make sure to price your juried-in art and bin art accordingly.
- ALL ACCEPTED PHOTOGRAPHY AND BIN WORK, must be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, item name, and price. You MUST submit a completed inventory sheet for all work. A blank inventory sheet will be sent with the acceptance letter. Such work is to be shipped or hand-delivered per the same deadline as the juried-in work. Shipped work MUST CONTAIN PRE-PAID POSTAGE and PAPERWORK for return shipping. If the postage and paperwork is not contained, your work will NOT be considered. Shipping: Artwork must be shipped in strong, reusable cartons or crates with no free- floating Styrofoam popcorn packing.
- All exhibition work must be properly framed, wired and otherwise ready to hang. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS, NO EXPOSED GLASS EDGES and NO CLEATS. Work not properly framed or damaged in shipment will not be hung or judged.
- PARTICIPANT’S WAIVER: Submission of work automatically waives any claim for damage or loss against the Louisville Art Association, including the officers, members and employees. Submission allows LAA to use images in promotional material, with credit given to the photographer.
- DO NOT MAIL OR SHIP ANYTHING TO THE CENTER FOR THE ARTS!!!
- If your work is selected by the judge for the juried show, in addition to your accepted piece(s) you may display any or all of the following (collectively called “Bin Work”).
- a)Up to 6 pieces of matted and unframed bin work(max size of 36” on long edge, no metal prints, canvas prints or any piece thicker than 3/8”)
- b)5 boxes of greeting or note cards
- c)10 individual cards (wrapped for individual sale)
HOW TO ENTER
Online submission and fees are being handled ONLY by CallForEntry.org (CaFÉ) at https://www.callforentry.org. Please go to their website and follow the easy instructions to first register as an artist and then submit your images. You can search within CallForEntry.org (CaFÉ) for the Louisville Art Association Juried National Photography Show and Sale or by the entry deadline date which is March 28, 2022. The CaFÉ submission process and uploading of your images is simple and easy to use. Cost is $40 for the first 3 images, then $10 for each image added up to 6 images.
March 28, 2022 CallForEntry.org (CaFÉ) Entry Deadline
April 8, 2022 Notification of Entrants of Acceptance or Non-Acceptance
May 20, 2022 Deadline for Delivery of (Accepted) Shipped Artwork to be Delivered to:
LAA 2022 National Photography Show
c/o Bolder Insurance
800 Jefferson Ave
Louisville, Co 80027
May 24, 2022 Hand-delivered work juried-in must be brought to the Louisville Center for the Arts between 5pm and 7 pm ONLY. Address, 801 Grant Ave, Louisville, CO 80027
May 27, 2022 Reception and Award Ceremony 7pm Details pending based on current COVID restrictions.
June 5, 2022 Pick up hand-delivered work between 2pm and 4pm.
No early pickup. No storage is available after 4pm
Unsold work will be returned ONLY via the pre-paid shipping label furnished by you when you shipped your artwork to us. Any pieces not picked up will be donated to a charity.
Submission to this Exhibition constitutes acceptance of stated conditions and includes permission to photograph accepted artwork for publicity purposes.
Questions? Please email or call: